Dry spells and ruts are inevitable in a relationship, but we have found seven ways that help us avoid those pitfalls and stay connected through the mundane moments of life. Here are the 7 things we do whether things are really good or we feel a little distant from each other to keep our marriage strong:
1. We go to bed at the same time!
2. We eat dinner together every night.
3. We keep a marriage notebook where we write letters to each other back and forth.
4. We go for walks together!
5. We have a Q&A journal where we answer and discuss new questions every night.
6. We have learned and speak each other's love languages.
7. We make goals and dream together.
We go into so much more depth on each of these steps throughout the episode so we encourage you to dive in and find a new way to stay connected with your spouse!
Check out The Couples Activity Book by Crystal Schwanke with 70 Interactive Games to Strengthen Your Relationship. This is our book recommendation AND date idea for this week! It includes several different conversations, games, and activities that can change it up from your normal routine and connect with each other in a new a different way.
Also, if you're looking to start your own marriage notebook, try this one with some nice writing pens! Here's a link to the Q&A journal that we use and there are so many more options out there. Finally, check out the book The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman for some bonus reading this week!
Please subscribe, share, and review our podcast to help others find this message. Join our facebook group to get in on more of the discussion and follow us on Instagram @marriagedoesntsuck.