8 pieces of advice given to us either about our relationship or on money that we ignored. Some of them we were right in ignoring them while others we were wrong. Here are the 8 things we ignored, but listen to the full episode to find out the stories behind all of them!
1. Don't go to college with your high school sweetheart.
2. Don't get married in your early 20s.
3. You should date some more people before you "settle down."
4. You should go down to one car/you shouldn't go down to one car.
5. Start investing right away.
6. Pay yourself rent while you live for free.
7. Keep your credit card for emergencies and the rewards.
8. Don't quit your job.
On that last point, we recommend the book Quitter by Jon Acuff if you're thinking about quitting your job and how to do it!
Finally for our date night idea, grab Codenames Duet for a fun game to play as a couple. It takes teamwork and good communication!
Please subscribe, share, and review our podcast to help others find this message. Join our facebook group to get in on more of the discussion and follow us on Instagram @marriagedoesntsuck.